Whether you’re a small start-up business or a well-established multi-national, it’s a sad fact of modern life that every organisation is at risk of a cyber attack. According to the latest report from the UK government, a shocking 39% of UK businesses have been the victim of a cyber attack in the last 12 months, which on average cost the business £4,200.
And it’s not just the company’s finances that can be hard hit by a cyber attack. A data breach, for example, can have serious consequences, including loss of customer trust and irreversible damage to the brand reputation.
So, what’s the best way to protect your business?
The National Cyber Security Centre lists 10 steps to cyber security which cover everything from understanding your organisation’s risks, to how to prepare for cyber incidents, and implementing appropriate mitigations:
- Risk management: Take a risk-based approach to securing your data and systems.
- Engagement and training: Collaboratively build security that works for people in your organisation.
- Asset management: Know what data and systems you have and what business need they support.
- Architecture and configuration: Design, build, maintain and manage systems securely.
- Vulnerability management: Keep your systems protected throughout their lifecycle.
- Identity and access management: Control who and what can access your systems and data.
- Data security: Protect data where it is vulnerable.
- Logging and monitoring: Design your systems to be able to detect and investigate incidents.
- Incident management: Plan your response to cyber incidents in advance.
- Supply chain security: Collaborate with your suppliers and partners.
Does your business tick all 10 boxes?
The only way to have full confidence that your business is fully protected is to call in the experts. The IT specialists at RGB Solutions undergo continual training to ensure we remain one step ahead of the latest cyber threats.
Top five ways RGB Solutions can protect your business
We pride ourselves on our holistic approach to cyber security – from our immediate response to detected threats, to our long-term planning. Here’s how we’re protecting businesses right across the country:
- Site IT audit
- Priority response
- Proactive maintenance
- Consultation and advice
- Long-term planning and development
Ramp up your cyber security today
Get in touch with the IT experts at RGB Solutions and we can carry out a comprehensive review of your entire business IT system. Based on the findings of this cyber security audit, we can make recommendations tailored to your specific needs. We can also immediately action any necessary response measures to ensure your business is protected.
To find out more, email [email protected] or call 0131 554 8888 and we’ll be happy to talk you through your options.