Cloud-based technology is growing in popularity, with more and more businesses recognising the benefits of this advanced innovation. But if your business hasn’t yet made the switch, you may have questions. So, the IT experts at RGB Solutions are here to answer those questions – from the basics of how it all works, to the many ways it can boost your business.
What is the cloud?
The cloud refers to servers that are accessed via the internet, rather than hosted on-site in your office, for example. That means your business does not have to manage physical servers in your workplace or run applications on your own machines. Instead, the cloud servers are located in data centres elsewhere.
Why has cloud technology grown in popularity?
Thanks to cloud technology, you can access files and applications anywhere and from any device. This is something which has proved to be a real gamechanger for many businesses, especially in recent years when faced with a global pandemic. This ability to store, access and share data with other team members in different locations has enabled businesses to seamlessly shift from an office-based set-up to remote working or a hybrid approach.
What are the main benefits of moving to the cloud?
- Lower cost: RGB Solutions offers a range of cloud solutions for an affordable fixed monthly fee – something which is sure to appeal to any business watching their bottom line.
- Hassle-free: Because cloud solutions are continuously updated by the service provider, so there’s virtually no maintenance on your behalf required.
- Responsive scalability: As there is little hardware involved, it is easy to scale up as your business grows
- Accessibility: Your team can access, share, and update data from any location, making it the ideal solution for remote workers.
- Unlimited storage: As your business grows, so does your data. But that’s not an issue with cloud solutions which offers unlimited storage potential.
- Efficiency: Because cloud systems are located off-site, you don’t need to have a physical space in your workplace to house them, making them the ideal choice for remote businesses.
- Security: Whilst cyber-attacks can still pose a threat to cloud solutions, they do benefit from an extra layer of security, as data stored in the cloud is encrypted, making it much more difficult for hackers to access your files. In addition, cyber security updates take place regularly and automatically.
Which cloud systems will benefit your business?
Here at RGB Solutions, we practice what we preach. Day in and day out, we use the cloud-based Managed Service Provider platform, Syncro, to monitor and support our clients. Utilising this cloud-based technology means we can provide the very best level of service to our clients at all times.
Our highly qualified team of IT experts are passionate about finding the right cloud-based solutions to suit your business and ensuring you get the most out of them. We offer a wide range of cloud-based solutions – from Sophos cyber security and Microsoft software, to Acronis cloud backup and Gamma Horizon telephone systems.
To find out more, email [email protected] or call 0131 554 8888 and we’ll be happy to talk you through your options.